1) An Introduction to Illustrator's Color Tools: Review the webpage, and fill out this form. Due Wednesday, September 30th, 2015
2) Pen tool exercises: Complete the Pen Tool Exercises activity in Illustrator. Due Wednesday, September 30th, 2015
Video: Essentials of the Pen and Pencil Tools
Game: Play the Pen Tool game
3) Painting Shapes with the Blob Brush: Create and turn in an Illustrator document that includes a simple illustration (drawing) created with the Blob Brush in Illustrator. Due Friday, October 2nd, 2015
Video: Using the Blob Brush and Eraser
4) How to Cut a Shape: Create and turn in an Illustrator document that includes three objects; one that has been cut with the Eraser Tool, one that has been cut with the Scissors Tool, and one that has been cut with the Knife Tool. Due Friday, October 2nd, 2015
Video: Eraser, Scissors, Knife tools
5) Transparency & Graphic Styles: Create and turn in an Illustrator document that includes examples of all 16 different blending modes. Label each example with the type of blending mode that is represented. Due Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
Video: Creating interactions with blend modes
6) Applying Live Paint: Create and turn in an Illustrator document that includes a star created with the Live Paint Bucket, similar to the one in the tutorial. Due Wednesday, October 7th, 2015
Video: Creating interactions with Live Paint, Using the Live Paint Bucket tool, and Using the Live Paint Selection tool
7) Creating and Saving Artwork to Be Used As a Web Graphic or For Print with Adobe Illustrator: Review the webpage, and fill out this form. Due Friday, October 9th, 2015
Videos: How to save a file for output, and Save artwork for the web
Quiz: Friday, October 23rd, 2015Analogous Color Scheme: groups of colors that are adjacent to each other on the color wheel.
Complementary Color Scheme: colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel.
Split-Complementary Color Scheme: a variation of the complementary color scheme which uses the two analogous colors adjacent to a color whose complement is the third color of this color scheme (don't worry, we'll talk about this one in more detail).
Triadic Color Scheme: three colors equally spaced around the color wheel.
Tetradic Color Scheme: uses four colors arranged into two complementary color pairs.
Additional Notes for Color Lecture:
Based on the following Exercises, and examples, create a digital self-portrait. Your self-portrait should be 8 inches wide, and 10 inches high. Your self portrait should be created using the CMYK color mode. Your self-portrait should be created using a High (300ppi) Raster Effect. Your self-portrait should use either a Monochromatic, Analogous, Complementary, or Triadic Color Scheme. Your grade will be based on craftsmanship, expressiveness, and originality. Due Wednesday, October 21st, 2015
Make Watercolor and Marker Style Portraits with Illustrator
Tracing a Vector Face From a Reference Photo
Create A Grisly Zombie Illustration With A Pen Tablet
Creating a Dramatic Portrait with Chunky Line Art
Create a Sparkly Female Portrait in Illustrator
25 Fantastic Vector Portraits
Video: How to create a self portrait using Adobe Illustrator CS6